Saturday, September 5, 2015

Move over Gucci, Prada, Tom & Coco ...

Cornelia Turcu
Tessa Paaymans
I love fashion shows.  I love the clothes (even though most of them are so stupendously expensive I would NEVER own them even if I could afford them -- even I have a fashion comfort zone). I love the feeling of cool-kid-ness as I sit in the front row and ooh and ahh over someone's idea of fashion (we all have our own ideas, some are a bit more down to earth than others). And, I love seeing what the famous designers like Chanel, Tom Ford, Gucci, Prada, etc. pull out of their fashion bag of tricks each season. But I especially love emerging designers. You know, the ones who are just now getting into the biz or are fresh out of design school with big dreams and even bigger ideas?! I love them because they haven't been jaded by the business or crushed by the big fashion houses. I love them becuase they still see the value in quality clothes made with quality materials for a quality price and not relying on selling items because of name recognition. That is why I am so excited to be attending New York Fashion Week's Off Schedule Shows where I will see Cornelia Turcu (Moldavia) and Tessa Paaymans (New Zealand). Want to sit next to me? Get your tickets here: www.oxfordfashionstudio.com/tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment