Saturday, May 21, 2016

I'm turning Parisian!

I recently read the book, How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are, by three fabulous ladies named Anne, Audrey and Caroline. I think I love them already. I had only gotten to page 8 when I realized I am already 95% Parisian. The title of the page is "Things you won't find in her [a Parisian woman] closet." I read the list carefully, taking a mental note of what was in my own closet, and I only have one item described (it has a * beside it below and I only have one pair because the Bollywood in me comes out every now and then). So, I guess that makes me 95% Parisian and 5% Bollywood, not bad for a backwoods girl from Alabama.
  • Three-inch heels. Why live life half way?
  • Logos. You are not a billboard.
  •  Nylon, Viscose, Polyester and Vinyl will make you sweaty, smelly and shiny.
  • Sweatpants. No man should ever see you in those. Except your gym teacher -- and even then. Leggings are tolerated.
  • Blingy jeans with embroidery and holes in them. They belong to Bollywood.*
  • UGG boots. Enough said. 
  • A skimpy top. Because you're not fifteen anymore. 
  • A fake designer bag. Like fake breasts, you can't fix your insecurities through forgery.
Can't wait to read the rest of this delicious morsel!

No comments:

Post a Comment