Thursday, August 6, 2015

Fair fashion ...

I'm not naive or ignorant, well, I try not to be. But, I was watching a documentary the other night (www.truecostmovie.com) and am amazed at what I don't know about the fashion industry. I'm also a little ashamed of myself. I'm not going to spoil it for you (you really should watch the movie) but I will give you a synopsis: The Western world is not treating other countries who make 90% of our clothes very nicely in my opinion. So, I visited the movie's site and read up on our fashion industry. Needless to say I'm embarassed and will be ordering and buying clothes (when at all feasible) from people who care about people and not profit. Don't get me wrong, it's alright to care about profit but people (in my book) will always come first. What was my first Fair Trade Fashion purchase? A great pair of shoes from Oliberte! https://www.oliberte.com/shoes/amboa/rustic-brown-pullup/

No comments:

Post a Comment