Thursday, April 7, 2016

Finally inspired ... by shoe accessories!

netting, feathers and sparkle make these shoe accessories from Mila Fashions all the rage.
I'll be honest, I haven't written a blog in a few weeks because I have been completely uninspired by the latest fashions. I mean I really TRIED to get inspired. I checked some of my favorite sites searching high and low for some talent and umph. I was disappointed by:
  • PopSugar -- PS was just talking about Atheliesure wear (I dread working out, what makes you think I want to talk about my workout clothes like they are an evening gown?) http://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Fashion-News-March-25-2016-40696819 
  • Harper's Bazaar -- HB posted their best dressed of the week list (note, #10 Sara Sampaio looks like a rouge Office Depot hole puncher got after her dress) http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/trends/g7030/best-dressed-celebrities-032516/
  • Elle -- The only thing Elle wanted to talk about was painted and bedazzeled sneakers (UGH!) http://www.elle.com/fashion/trend-reports/

Then I was at a launch party tonight for Arts For Autism (a charity in DC that raises awareness for autism -- www.crowdrise.com/artsforautism). I saw the silliest, yet most inspiring thing -- shoe accessories are making a comeback and I am thrilled! These aren't your mom's old bows or flowers you clip to the toe of your shoes, nope these are ankle wraps and lace ups. OK, they had a few toe clips too but they were chic and stylish, not "cute".

And if that isn't inspiring enough, the same brand that makes these super cool shoes accessories also rents shoes. Yes, you heard it right, they rent shoes -- just like Rent the Runway!

OK, I'm officially out of my fashion trend slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment