Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The slob life ...

Now, don't expect me to share many things like this below because I like to write my own thoughts in this blog. But when I run across something that slaps me in the face with shame, I tend to pay attention. The recent article in The Telegraph (out of the UK) is a stark reminder that we might have evolved as a country to be the biggest superpower in the world, but Americans are still seen as slovenly when referring to fashionable appearance.


I have been known to slack in my appearance every now and then -- when I'm sick, in a hurry, in a bad mood, [insert any other reason here]. Just because I can offer an excuse doesn't mean its the right thing to do (i.e. to disrespect people and establishments because I am lazy or tired or whatever). Bottom line is my mom was right -- dress how you want to be treated.


Trust me, you need to read the article in private (not on a crowded train like I did during rush hour -- I scared a lot of people with how hard I laughed, out loud) and in its entirety. It's long but funny and totally worth it. Sadly, it speaks some truth to both American and British standards of today.

Kathy Burke and Harry Enfield as Waynetta and Wayne Slob.  Credit: BBC
READ THE ARTICLE HERE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/slob-nation-the-british-used-to-be-stylish-but-now-were-a-bunch/

No comments:

Post a Comment